All rights reserved © “Srbija Voz" JSC
Department for information and communication technology and marketing
Advance sale and ticket validity period
International train tickets can be purchased at ticket offices at railway stations and in travel agencies at the earliest two months before the first day of validity.
Validity periods for international train tickets issued at JSC Srbija Voz ticket offices depend on type of offer according to the following:
- in small border traffic between Serbia and Hungary, the train tickets in one direction are valid for 1 day, and return tickets for 3 days;
- in cross border traffic between Serbia and Romania (Vršac - Stamora Moravita), the train tickets in one direction are valid for 1 day, and return tickets for 3 days;
- in cross border traffic between Serbia and Croatia (Bogojevo - Erdut), a train ticket in one direction as well as return ticket is valid for 1 day;
- train tickets in InterRail offer have a different validity periods depending on the type of offer chosen by the passenger;
- train tickets for CITY STAR offer for journeys to Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Slovenia from Sparpreise Deutschland offer for travels to Germany have validity period of 1 month;
- train ticket for journeys to Monte Negro have validity period of 1 day;
- train tickets: SparShine AUSTRIJA – single route tickets in one direction from Belgrade to Vienna by train No. 344 and vice versa by train No.345 according to the special fares (train ticket and seat reservation). There are three levels of fares with limited number of seats for each level; and SparShine Croatia– offer for single travel in one direction from Belgrade to Zagreb and vice versa according to the special fares (train tickets and reservation of seat of berth). Train tickets according in this offer are valid only for date and train for which they are issued;
- train tickets BUDAPEST SPECIAL, BAČKA SPECIAL, BANAT SPECIAL, TIMISOARA SPECIAL, MAKEDONIJA SPECIAL, MUENCHEN SPEZIAL and WIEN SPEZIAL are valid for 1 month;
- regular train tickets for one direction or return tickets have a validity period for 1 month;
- train tickets issued according to global-market fare (for Belgrade-Ljubljana route) are valid for the date and train they are issued for.
The validity period for the train tickets, except those purchased according to the global fare, starts to run from 00.01 h on the date designated by the passenger and the issuing ticket office writes it on the train ticket. The passenger can start the travel any day of the train ticket validity but the travel must be finished on the last day of train ticket validity, not later than 24:00 h.
The validity period of the ticket can be extended in case when passenger can not finish the started journey due to the fault of the company JSC Srbija Voz or due to justified reasons. In that case, validity period can be extended for as many days are necessary to finish the started travel.
For train tickets issued according to the global fare (for specific date and train), the validity period cannot be extended.
Interruption of the travel is allowed within the ticket validity period, with exception of small border traffic tickets. With the interruption of travel, the ticket validity period is not extended. Travels can be continued only from the station where interruption was made or from some other station located on still unused part of the train ticket route.
Reimbursement of ticket fare
Reimbursement of ticket fare for completely or partially unused international train tickets is made by Revenue Control Department Belgrade, 6 Nemanjina (2nd floor, room 495). With the request in writing, a passenger should enclose the original ticket verified by train inspector or railway station employee in charge and all other documents proving the grounds and level of claims.
As an exception, the ticket can be reimbursed at any ticket sales office which is the part of the e-ticketing system if the ticket that is to be returned, was issued electronically. The condition is that the passenger returns the completely unused train ticket in the same month when the ticket is purchased.
From the amount refundable to the passenger, for the costs of railway company, the amount of 10 % is deducted. If the train ticket is returned due to the fault of railway company JSC Srbija Voz or it is returned on the same day at the same ticket office where it was purchased, the amount of 10% is not deducted.
In the seat reservation procedure, passenger can ask for reservation of seats, berths and beds. Reservation of seats may be requested at the moment when the ticket is purchased or it may be done subsequently in case when the ticket has been purchased in advance provided that passenger shows its ticket.
Reservation in advance sale can be purchased at the earliest 2 months before the travel and only for trains for which the reservation of seats is foreseen.
Requests for reservation of seats for individual passengers and groups are sent to the central reservation bureau in Belgrade.
Seats can be booked for travels from the departure station or intermediate station. Reservation of seats for the return journey can be made at the ticket sales office (at the station or travel agency) issuing the return ticket.
JSC Srbija Voz joined the European reservation system EPA, which allows the reservation of places (seats, berths in couchettes and beds in sleeping coaches) in all trains included in this system which operate on the European railway network.
At the departure station, the free seats in the coaches, the passengers without reservations can take only with previous consent of train conductor.
The groups can be accepted for travel only in case when the seat booking is made for the intended journey.
If the seat which is booked is not taken at least 15 minutes before the train departure from the station (from which the reservation is valid), the passenger looses the right for the booked seat.
The amount for seat-reservation fee is not refundable, except in case of guilt of JSC Srbija Voz.
The amount of paid fare for the unused reservation of berth or bed is refundable at passenger ticket office under the following conditions:
- in full amount if berth/bed could not be used due to the fault of railway company,
- with deduction of 10% if the reservation for berth/bed is cancelled at least 24 hours before train departure,
- with deduction of 50% if the reservation for berth/bed is cancelled in short period and not later than the departure of train.
After the departure of train, the refunding for unused reservation is not made.
Transport of luggage
Luggage can be transported only with the passenger in the same compartment and in the quantity that can be placed above and under the passenger’s seat.
Passenger can have maximum 3 pieces of light portable luggage adequate for the space foreseen for the luggage deposit. The maximum dimensions of each luggage peace must be smaller than 85 cm. By special transport and tariff conditions is determined if more than one piece of luggage can be brought, luggage of bigger dimensions and bulky objects (such as ski, sail board, bicycles). In that case, the bulky pieces must be packed adequately, dismantled or assembled. The passenger must inform himself in advance at the carrier about the special conditions of the luggage take over. The objects that incommode the other passengers are not accepted for transport.
Transport of dogs and small pets
In international traffic on JSC Srbija Voz routes, the dogs can be transported in sleeping cars and couchettes and in such cases the passenger must have the cabin for exclusive usage/single cabin. Transport of dogs is allowed provided that the dogs seat on lap or on the floor, with leash and muzzle in order not to endanger the others.
Except this, the transport of small animals is allowed only if they are kept in cages, baskets or any other adequate packages excluding the possibility of injury or making dirty the coach or hand luggage. This package must be kept on lap or put as hand luggage. These animals are transported free of charge
Dogs and other small domestic animals can be transported alone provided the animals do not affect the other passengers with their smell and noise and if any passenger in compartment or coach is not against it.
A transport document is issued for transport of dogs. A half of the regular price for 2nd class for single travel is charged, or for outward and return journey. To this price no special supplement is charged.
|Travel Concessions and Offers|
|Carriage of bicycles|
|Interrail - Prices|
|Discounts and special offers|
|Transport of accompanied cars|
|Transport of bicycles|